Northern Shaolin by Sifu Wing Lam
Unlock the Secrets of Northern Shaolin Kung Fu
From its famed birthplace, the Northern Shaolin style of kung fu has spread far and wide throughout the world. Now, for the first time in English, Sifu Wing Lam translates his historical text and many experiences from decades of practice and teaching into a clear and concise manual that explores and illuminates this rich historical art. This is the complete Northern Shaolin book that Martial arts students have been waiting for:
- Learn the 1500-year history and lineage of Northern Shaolin style kung fu.
- Study the underlying principles of Northern Shaolin kung fu system.
- Explore the finer points of Northern Shaolin fundamentals that are equally applicable to training in many other martial arts styles.
- Acquire the essentials of striking, defense, and movement techniques, including Northern Shaolin's famous jump kicks.
- Understanding the fighting concepts behind the movement of theNorthern Shaolin style.
- Examine the details of the first two hand forms and the four core weapons taught in Northern Shaolin system.
Whether you are curious as how Northern Shaolin differs from other styles, are a beginning Northern Shaolin student, or have practiced for many years, this book will add to your understanding of kung fu concepts, improve your overall training, and advance your martial skills.